Are you having an appendicitis attack? If you suspect you have appendicitis, consult a doctor at Pristyn Care. Symptoms of appendicitis are similar to a lot of other problems, therefore, it is important to have a doctor determine the real cause.
The first symptom can be abdominal pain which becomes worse with the progress of infection. Other symptoms are:
- Painful coughing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Inability to pass gas
- Loss of appetite
All this happens because the appendix gets infected due to blockage. The reason for blockage can be
- Accumulation of fecal matter
- Bacteria and viruses
- Enlarged tissues
The blockage can reduce blood flow and increase bacterial infection which causes the appendix to swell or even rupture. If this condition is left untreated, an inflamed appendix may rupture and cause a fatal infection which is a very serious condition to treat.
How is the diagnosis done?
The appendix is a small pouch connected to the colon on the right side of the abdomen. Mostly To check for the abdominal pain, a physical examination is done by applying pressure. Usually, a physical examination is sufficient but there are tests to confirm the diagnosis:
- Blood test to check the infection in and around the appendix
- Urine test also to check the infection
- Imaging tests such as ultrasound, abdominal X-ray, CT scan
Pristyn Care with most advanced appendicitis treatment
Pristyn Care has specialists who perform laparoscopic appendectomy, the most advanced and minimally invasive surgery to remove the appendix. The laparoscope is inserted in the abdomen through one of the small incisions. It has a video camera attached at the end which guides the surgeon to perform the surgery by looking at the screen. Other surgical instruments are inserted through other small incisions made. The appendix is separated from the gastrointestinal tract and the intra-abdominal cavity is cleaned with saline water before sealing off the remaining part ct to clear the infection around.
The laparoscopic surgery is the most preferred mode of treatment as it leaves minimal or no scarring. The patient recovers quickly in comparison to open surgery and even the hospital stay is shorter after the surgery.
Laparoscopy is a daycare procedure where the patient is discharged from the hospital within a few hours after the surgery. According to Pristyn care experts, laparoscopic appendectomy is an effective technique for the following reasons:
- Daycare procedure
- Very less pain after the surgery
- Shorter recovery time as compared to open surgery
- Hassle-free experience
- Excellent cosmetic results
But this surgery is not for everyone. If the appendix has ruptured and the infection has spread, the patient may need open surgery. In this case, the abscess is formed around the appendix. It is drained by placing a tube through the skin into the abscess and appendectomy can be performed weeks later after controlling the infection.
Here are some tips from Pristyn Care expert necessary to stay healthy and happy before and after laparoscopic appendectomy:
- The patient must restrict strenuous activities and intense physical workout for a few days after the surgery.
- Clear fluids are allowed after the surgery. Solid foods should be introduced gradually to the diet.
- Support the abdomen before you cough or make a movement to help reduce pain.
- Move when you are ready to prevent blood clots and other complication. This will help you heal faster. But take rest when you are tired.
- If you notice any pain or discomfort, call the team for help if the pain medication isn’t helping.
- Increase the high-fiber diet that helps create softer stool which is less likely to get trapped in the appendix.
How appendicitis can be prevented?
There really is no “sure-fire” way of preventing appendicitis. Appendicitis is as mysterious as to why the appendix even exists in our bodies. You can take precautions by keeping your bowel movements regular and prevent fecal build-up. This includes a healthy diet and drinking plenty of fluids.
Some studies have shown that people who eat less meat, processed foods, and sugar have fewer chances of developing appendicitis. This includes a diet that is high in fiber-rich foods such as whole grain, bran, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
Patient care and accelerated recovery are the prime focus which makes it one of the excellent healthcare centers for advanced treatments and laparoscopic surgeries. The advantages of getting treatment at Pristyn Care include:
- A 24×7 care buddy from Pristyn Care is appointed to take care of the patient
- Free post-surgery follow-ups
- In the case of surgery, they provide pick and drop facility to the patient
- Highly skilled and experienced doctors with advanced technology
- No cost EMI payment option